Metabolic Cages, basic model
These well-engineered Metabolic & Diuresis Cages supply uncontaminated samples of effectively separate urine and feces of the rodent.
All components below the cage floor are removable without upsetting the test animal and thus preventing behavioural artifacts.
Four models are available for either rats or mice; their dimensions comply with current USA animal welfare regulations. See Ordering Information for basic metabolic cages.
The Tecniplast Metabolic Cages feature a unique funnel and cone design that effectively separates faeces and urine into tubes outside the cage.
There's no urine washover and no potential for urine to enter the faeces tube, so separation is immediate and complete.
The results are untainted and reliable samples.
Corresponding parameter set not found, please add it in property template of background
- Practicality of use
- Unique design and high quality materials
- Optional 12-Cage Rack
- Easy to remove feeder and collection tubes: feed filling and samples collection without disturbing the animals on test.
- to maximize reliability and endurance
- Every component is designed to be interchangeable to provide maximum flexibility
- Separation apparatus featuring low-adherence plastic materials: perfect separation and collection of faeces and urine
- Space saving and great visibility in a small footprint, maximizing density
Bibliography on 41700
- Rat inferior caval vein (ICV) ligature and particular new insights with the stable gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157 J Vukojevic, M Siroglavic, K Kasnik, T Kralj, D Stancic… - Vascular Pharmacology, 2018
Metabolic Cages with Feeding/Drinking Analysis