Passive Avoidance - Step through - New Model
The Passive Avoidance Set-Up (step-trough method) by Ugo Basile, is an efficient and reliable insturument fo the classic Passive Avoidance Test.
Multiple configurations can be controlled by the NEW electronic with touch-screen, which encompsses a precision 8-pole shocker.
The P.A. set-up is part of UB conditioning-cage project; you buy a single touch-screen controller, and manage all UB cages. Ask for details!
Passive Avoidance Test is used to assess memory function based on the association formed between a specific environmental context, which the animal learns to avoid, and an aversive stimulus, represented by a mild foot shock. The tests are conducted in a two-compartment apparatus, where one is dimly lit and preferable to a rodent, and the other is brightly lit.
Ugo Basile Passive Avoidance set-up instrument basically consists of a Controller, and a Cage divided into two compartments by a partition which embodies a sliding door.
The tilting floor ensures a simple and relaible detection mechanism to score the animal’s movement across the two compartments.The 40500-001 Programming/Recording Unit, encompasses all controls, incorporates a constant-current high precision 8-pole shocker, and manages data acquisition: data are stored insite the unit and can be downloaded via the USB key provided as standard, for further processing via Excel, Access, etc.
The Unit, which incorporates a 12” touch-screen, manages both Passive and Active Avoidance Tests. Up to 4 cages can be connected to the same Controller. If more than one cage is connected, an expansion box 40500-005 is required for each additional cage.
Remote Control feature will make remote service and software upgrades extremely simple!
Corresponding parameter set not found, please add it in property template of background
- Part of the BEEHIVE SYSTEM
- Tilt-floor detection mechanism
- No stepping motor!
- Remote Control feature
- Great Versatility
- the electronic unit encompasses all controls for up to 4 animal cages!
- Reliable and precise detection of animal crossing
- Silent and automated sliding door to divide the two compartments
- Makes remote service and software upgrades extremely simple!
- The same controller can manage different conditioning tests. Ask for details!
- The possible neuroprotective effect of ellagic acid on sodium arsenate-induced neurotoxicity in rats M Goudarzi, S Amiri, A Nesari, A Hosseinzadeh… - Life Sciences, 2018
- PEPTIDES ENHANCING NEURONAL OUTGROWTH AND APPLICATION THEREOF Y Yang - US Patent 20,170,362,274, 2017
- In vivo and in vitro ADMET profiling and in vivo pharmacodynamic investigations of a selective α7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor agonist with a spirocyclic Δ 2 … C Matera, G Dondio, D Braida, L Ponzoni, M De Amici… - European Journal of …, 2017
- Low empathy-like behaviour in male mice associates with impaired sociability, emotional memory, physiological stress reactivity and variations in neurobiological … G Laviola, F Zoratto, D Ingiosi, V Carito, D Huzard… - PLOS ONE, 2017
- Effects of Nitric Oxide (NO) Modulators on Cognitive Function and Brain Oxidative Stress in Experimental Model of Alzheimer's Disease in Rats H Dubey, K Gulati, A Ray - J Pharmacol Rep, 2017
- Astaxanthin Ameliorates Doxorubicin-Induced Cognitive Impairment (Chemobrain) in Experimental Rat Model: Impact on Oxidative, Inflammatory, and Apoptotic … SE El-Agamy, AK Abdel-Aziz, S Wahdan, A Esmat… - Molecular Neurobiology, 2017
- The Histamine H3 Receptor Antagonist E159 Reverses Memory Deficits Induced by Dizocilpine in Passive Avoidance and Novel Object Recognition Paradigm in Rats A Alachkar, D Łażewska, K Kieć-Kononowicz, B Sadek - Frontiers in Pharmacology, 2017
- The Sigma-1 Receptor Antagonist, S1RA, Reduces Stroke Damage, Ameliorates Post-Stroke Neurological Deficits and Suppresses the Overexpression of MMP-9 P Sánchez-Blázquez, A Pozo-Rodrigálvarez, M Merlos… - Molecular Neurobiology, 2017
- TLR4 response mediates ethanol-induced neurodevelopment alterations in a model of fetal alcohol spectrum disorders M Pascual, J Montesinos, S Montagud-Romero… - Journal of …, 2017
- Tangeretin ameliorates renal failure via regulating oxidative stress, NF-κB–TNF-α/iNOS signalling and improves memory and cognitive deficits in 5/6 nephrectomized … J Wu, YM Zhao, ZK Deng - Inflammopharmacology, 2017
- Mutation of the HERC 1 Ubiquitin Ligase Impairs Associative Learning in the Lateral Amygdala EM Pérez-Villegas, JV Negrete-Díaz, ME Porras-García… - Molecular Neurobiology, 2017
- Use of nano metal in promoting neurite outgrowth and treatment and/or prevention of neurological disorders Y Yang, C Chen, L Chi - US Patent 9,655,923, 2017
- A comparison of behavioral and pharmacological interventions to attenuate reactivated fear memories. RIF Monti, JM Alfei, M Mugnaini, AM Bueno, T Beckers, 2017
- Perampanel effects in the WAG/Rij rat model of epileptogenesis, absence epilepsy, and comorbid depressive‐like behavior R Citraro, A Leo, V Franco, R Marchiselli, E Perucca… - Epilepsia, 2016
- Effect of N-Benzylpiperazine, Its Metabolite N-Benzylethylenediamine, and Its Disubstituted Analogue N, N'-Dibenzylpiperazine on the Acquisition, Formation, and … JC Castillo-Hernández, JA Velázquez-Moyado… - Pharmacology, 2017
- Effects of in vivo and in vitro administration of neuro-Behcet's disease IgG E Erdağ, C Şahin, Cİ Küçükali, S Bireller… - Neurological Sciences, 2017
- Rhodiola rosea L-Standardized Extract on Passive Avoidance in Rats LV Vasileva, DP Getova, 2017
- Thujone inhibits the function of α 7-nicotinic acetylcholine receptors and impairs nicotine-induced memory enhancement in one-trial passive avoidance paradigm A Sultan, KHS Yang, D Isaev, E El Nebrisi, N Syed… - Toxicology, 2017
- Agmatine, A Metabolite of Arginine, Improves Learning and Memory in Streptozotocin-Induced Alzheimer's Disease Model in Rats M Sirvanci-Yalabik, AO Sehirli, T Utkan, F Aricioglu - Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bulteni, 2016
- C.I. Navarro-Francés et alia: “Influence of trait anxiety on the effects of acute stress on learning and retention of the passive avoidance task in male and female mice” Behav. Processes 105: 6-14, 2014
- L. Zvejniece et alia: “The cognition-enhancing activity of E1R, a novel positive allosteric modulator of sigma-1 receptors” Br. J. Pharmacol. 171(3): 761-771, 2014
- P. Borracci et alia: “Rat embryo exposure to all-trans retinoic acid results in long-term cognitive deficits” Eur. Rev. Med. Pharmacol. Sci 18:28-33, 2014
- C. Nasuti et alia: “Neonatal exposure to permethrin pesticide causes lifelong fear and spatial learning deficits and alters hippocampal morphology of synapses” J. Neurodevelopmental Disorders 6-7: 1866-1955, 2014
- R.W. Flint et alia: “NMDA Receptor Antagonism with MK-801 Impairs Consolidation and Reconsolidation of Passive Avoidance Conditioning in Adolescent Rats: Evidence for a State Dependent Reconsolidation Effect” Neurobiology of Learning and Memory 101: 114-119, 2013
- G. Telegdy et alia: “The Action of Kisspeptin-13 on Passive Avoidance Learning in Mice. Involvement of Transmitters” Behav. Brain Res. 243: 300-305, 2013
- V. Capurro et alia: “Pharmacological Characterization of Memoquin, a Multi-Target Compound for the Treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease” PLoS ONE 8(2): e56870, 2013
- J. Michaud et alia: “Hematopoietic MyD88-Adaptor Protein Acts as a Natural Defense Mechanism for Cognitive Deficits in Alzheimer’s Disease” Stem Cell Reviews and Reports 8 (3): 898-904, 2012
- E.R.A.Y. Detrait et alia: “The inhibitory avoidance test optimized for discovery of cognitive enhancers” Behavior Research Methods 41 (3): 805-811, 2009
NEW Fear Conditioning System - ANYmaze