The Ugo Basile 47420 MULTIPLE ACTIVITY CAGE is of great value to record spontaneous co-ordinate activity in rats and mice (individual or groups) and variation of the activity in time.
The package comprise an electronic unit and an I.R. Beam Cage, which consists of an Animal Cage of clear Perspex, 40x40cm, complete with two sets of emitter/sensor arrays for horizontal and vertical activity. This set-up can accept up to 5 additional cages, for a total of 6 cages.
The electronic units incorporate a graphic display, a thermal printer and a serial port RS232 for direct connection to the PC via the included software: a serial to USB adaptor is also included. The Activity Cage is provided with an internal memory, capable to store the data of several experiments, to be unloaded to the PC later.
The graphic display presents all available commands: the operator sets the experiment configuration via the keyboard located below the display.
The movements the animal makes inside the cage interrupt one or more I.R. beam/s. The beam interruptions, counted and recorded by the electronic unit's internal memory, enable the user to assess and analyse the animal activity. Data related to activity, either horizontal and/or vertical, are saved, printed in a convenient format, and/or routed to the computer according to the selected configuration.
The data can be customized by adding animal & experiment numbers, gender , etc.
- IR photocells arrays of adjustable height
- 2 pairs of IR photocells arrays
- Embedded printer, memory and software
- Same instrument for rats and mice
- Measure locomotion and rearing
- GLP compliant, stand-alone or PC-connected
- Phencyclidine and Scopolamine for Modeling Amnesia in Rodents: Direct Comparison with the Use of Barnes Maze Test and Contextual Fear Conditioning Test in … N Malikowska-Racia, A Podkowa, K Sałat - Neurotoxicity Research, 2018 (Mice, C57BL/J6)
- Synthesis of Some Novel Thiadiazole Derivative Compounds and Screening Their Antidepressant-Like Activities NÖ Can, ÖD Can, D Osmaniye, Ü Demir Özkay - Molecules, 2018
- Antinociceptive Activity of Inula britannica L. and Patuletin: In vivo and Possible Mechanisms Studies M Zarei, S Mohammadi, A Komaki - Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2018
- Jobelyn® attenuates inflammatory responses and neurobehavioural deficits associated with complete Freund-adjuvant-induced arthritis in mice O Omorogbe, AM Ajayi, B Ben-Azu, EE Oghwere… - Biomedicine & …, 2018
- Beneficial Effect of Chronic Treatment with Extracts from Rhodiola Rosea L. and Curcuma Longa L. on the Immunoreactivity of Animals Subjected to a Chronic Mild … LV Vasileva, KЕ Saracheva, MV Ivanovska, AP Petrova… - Folia Medica, 2017
- KM-34, a Novel Antioxidant Compound, Protects against 6-Hydroxydopamine-Induced Mitochondrial Damage and Neurotoxicity LA Fonseca-Fonseca, Y Nuñez-Figueredo… - Neurotoxicity Research, 2017
- Reduction in Brain Heparan Sulfate with Systemic Administration of an IgG Trojan Horse-Sulfamindase Fusion Protein in the Mucopolysaccharidosis Type IIIA Mouse RJ Boado, JZ Lu, EKW Hui, WM Pardridge - Molecular Pharmaceutics, 2017
- Antiallodynic and antihyperalgesic activity of new 3, 3-diphenyl-propionamides with anticonvulsant activity in models of pain in mice A Rapacz, J Obniska, P Koczurkiewicz… - European Journal of …, 2017
- Pharmacological Modulation of AMPAR Rescues Intellectual Disability-Like Phenotype in Tm4sf2−/y Mice L Murru, E Vezzoli, A Longatti, L Ponzoni, A Falqui… - Cerebral Cortex, 2017
- Involvement of insulin resistance in D-galactose-induced age-related dementia in rats: Protective role of metformin and saxagliptin. S Kenawy, R Hegazy, A Hassan, S El-Shenawy… - PloS one, 2017
- Оригинални статии К Сарачева, Д Гетова, Д Димитрова, М Тополов…, 2017
- Evaluation of psychopharmacological and neurosafety profile of Swas Kas Chintamani Ras (SKC) in Swiss-Webster mice T Islam, MD Hussain, H Chowdhury, M Mehadi… - Avicenna Journal of …, 2017
- Hangover relieving effect of Sanghwang mushroom mycelium cultured in germinated buckwheat YJ An, SM Cho, MS Kim, HH Moon, DS Park, NG Jeon… - Korean J Vet Res, 2017
- Effects of Lamotrigine in open-field, water maze and step-through tests in rats D Dimitrova, L Vasileva, E Papagianni, D Getova, 2017
- Methionine and Choline Deficient Diet-induced Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis in Rats: Role of Melatonin MM Amin, RF Ahmed, DO Saleh - Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science Vol, 2017
- Antidepressant-like effect of gallic acid: Dual involvement of serotonergic and catecholaminergic systems ÖD Can, N Turan, ÜD Özkay, Y Öztürk - Life Sciences, 2017
- Methyl Jasmonate Ameliorates Unpredictable Chronic Mild Stress‐Induced Behavioral and Biochemical Alterations in Mouse Brain A Adebesin, AM Ajayi, EO Olonode, O Omorogbe… - Drug Development Research, 2017
- Methyl jasmonate attenuated lipopoysaccharide-induced depressive-like behaviour in mice A Adebesin, OA Adeoluwa, AT Eduviere, S Umukoro - Journal of Psychiatric, 2017
- Crocins, the active constituents of Crocus sativus L., counteracted apomorphine-induced performance deficits in the novel object recognition task, but not novel object … N Pitsikas, PA Tarantilis - Neuroscience Letters, 2017
- Single Administration of HBK-15—a Triple 5-HT1A, 5-HT7, and 5-HT3 Receptor Antagonist—Reverses Depressive-Like Behaviors in Mouse Model of Depression … K Pytka, M Głuch-Lutwin, M Kotańska, A Waszkielewicz… - Molecular Neurobiology, 2017
- Comparison of the Psychopharmacological Effects of Tiletamine and Ketamine in Rodents P Popik, M Hołuj, T Kos, G Nowak, T Librowski, K Sałat - Neurotoxicity Research, 2017
- Epilepsy and intellectual disability linked protein Shrm4 interaction with GABABRs shapes inhibitory neurotransmission J Zapata, E Moretto, S Hannan, L Murru, A Longatti… - Nature Communications, 2017
- Effect of Salvia miltiorrhiza root extract on brain acetylcholinesterase and butyrylcholinesterase activities, their mRNA levels and memory evaluation in rats M Ozarowski, PL Mikolajczak, A Piasecka, R Kujawski… - Physiology & Behavior, 2017
- Evidence for the Involvement of Monoaminergic Pathways in the Antidepressant-Like Activity of Cymbopogon citratus in Mice S Umukoro, SI Ogboh, O Omorogbe, AA Abdul-lateef… - Drug Research, 2017
- Acute and repeated exposure with the nitric oxide (NO) donor sodium nitroprusside (SNP) differentially modulate responses in a rat model of anxiety MA Orfanidou, A Lafioniatis, A Trevlopoulou… - Nitric Oxide, 2017
- Therapeutic effects of aqueous, methanol and ethanol extracts of Egyptian Artemisia herba-alba in STZ-induced diabetic neuropathy in rats SA El-Marasy, ER Zaki, HMI Abdallah, MS Arbid - Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical …, 2017
- HBK-14 and HBK-15 with antidepressant-like and/or memory-enhancing properties increase serotonin levels in the hippocampus after chronic treatment in mice K Pytka, K Gawlik, D Pawlica-Gosiewska, J Witalis… - Metabolic Brain Disease, 2016
- Intranasal Chromium Induces Acute Brain and Lung Injuries in Rats: Assessment of Different Potential Hazardous Effects of Environmental and Occupational … A Salama, R Hegazy, A Hassan - PLOS ONE, 2016
- D. I. Brierley et alia: “Neuromotor Tolerability and Behavioural Characterisation of Cannabidiolic Acid, a Phytocannabinoid with Therapeutic Potential for Anticipatory Nausea” Psychopharmacology 233(2): 243-254, 2016
- P.L. Mikolajczak et alia: “Evaluation of Anti-Inflammatory and Analgesic Activities of Extracts from Herb of Chelidonium Majus L.” Cent Eur J Immunol. 40(4): 400–410, 2015
- A. Marazioti et alia: "Somatostatin Receptors in the Ventral Pallidum/Substantia Innominata Modulate Rat Locomotor Activity" Psychopharmacol., 181:2, 319-326, 2005
- W. Ponti et alia: "In vivo Model for the Evaluation of Molecules Active Towards Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies" Veter. Res. Communicat., 28:1, 307-310, 2004
- T. Dolezal et alia: "Guaifenesin Enhances The Analgesic Potency of Paracetamol in Mice” Arch. Pharmacol., 366:6, 551-554, 2002
- M. Votava et alia: "Effects of Alprazolam and Fluoxetine on Morphine Sensitization in Mice” Physiol. Res., 51, 417-423, 2002